Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

Normally, I don't make a huge deal out of another year starting.  It's fun to get together with friends and have a good time, but I don't go crazy over it.  I don't obsess over New Year's resolutions either.  But, this year is different.  This year, I have exciting plans in the works.  I am overjoyed at the thought that I could have my baby in my arms this year.  I am thrilled that everything I have been planning and working for could finally pay off.  I am feverently hoping that any issues I have can be worked out.  AF stayed for a few days, so I fired up the Clear Blue monitor ready to test on CD 6.  Nothing happend at first, but this morning, the monitor looked like this:

I know that it is hard to read this sideways, but this is a good sign so far.  The monitor keeps track of levels of estrogen and LH, the hormone that surges ~24 hours before you ovulate.  One bar means low fertility, two bars means high fertility, three bars with an egg symbol means peak fertility with ovulation being imminent.  I had one bar the past three days, but this morning I had two.  This is what should happen in a normal length cycle, so I am hoping that maybe the Provera worked and is helping my cycle get back on track.  Of course, women with PCOS will often surge but not ovulate, or they may have multiple surges in a cycle.  Either way, it will tell me more about what my body is doing.  I will have much more to report to the RE when I see him so we know where to go from there.  I'm optimistic because no matter how this cycle goes, the results will bring me one step closer to my baby.  And, that ladies, is why I am ecstatic to start the new year!  Bring it on 2013, let's see whatcha got!   

2 comments:

  1. Here's wishing you a baby for 2013! Ah, the shot of the fertility monitor brings back memories. I used one initially and had a blast watching for the little egg to appear, but alas was one of those women who surge but don't ovulate. It was fun at the time, though, and I know many people for whom the monitor worked great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's wishing you an amazing first full year as a mom! Robert is one lucky little guy. I remember reading that you used Femara. I've been wondering if I will have to go that way myself. If you're comfortable sharing, why did you choose Femara over Clomid? I'm trying to weigh the difference, and I've quickly come to realize that I get the most helpful information from the women who use the meds, not the doctor who prescribes them :)!

    ReplyDelete