Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 15, 2012

I have been an insubordinate patient.

Well, I haven't posted in awhile.  As you can probably tell, I have been a bit stressed out by my body lately, and I have been doing everything I can to distract myself.  I started taking pilates reformer classes.  Let me just say, I remember learning every muscle in the body during anatomy and physiology, but even the most intense Tae Kwon Do workout hasn't made me FEEL some of them like pilates does.  The goal is not so much to make me lose weight, but to reduce body fat.  Hopefully, that will make me start to have natural regular cycles. 

In other news, I have been a bad patient lately; well, probably an insubordinate patient in the eyes of my midwife.  I finally broke down and called her asking for progesterone.  It's been almost three months with no AF, so I figured it was time.  She said she wouldn't prescribe it until I had been taking the fertility blend supplement for three months.  That puts me to February.  I was not happy.  So, guess what?  I went to another midwife at the OB/GYN clinic yesterday and she gave me the script.  And..I don't feel bad about it.  Quite the opposite.  It's my body, my cycle, and my TTC journey.  My hope is that it will jump-start my cycle and perhaps I won't need it again.  If not, I will probably go and see an RE after my new insurance kicks in in February.  I really wanted to do this naturally, but it's becoming apparent that I might not be able to.  It never hurts to have a second opinion regardless.  I haven't told  my midwife that I saw another provider yet, and I'm not sure how I will handle it.  I'm taking charge of my situation for now and I feel pretty good about it.  So I will cross the bridge when I get there.  Anyways, on that note, I am wondering if anyone who has had to use progesterone could give me some feedback.  Did you have to use it every cycle or was your body able to get "back on track" after one or two cycles using it?  I'd appreciate all the info I can get.  Thanks in advance!      

No comments:

Post a Comment