Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 21, 2013

Cold weather ramblings....

Good chilly evening to you all!  We did get a dusting of snow in the Twin Cities this weekend, but didn't get hit nearly as hard as they did up north.  I've been keeping A in my thoughts on a daily basis as she awaits the arrival of her little girl.  Apparently, this little lady didn't keep with the tradition of arriving in a snow storm! 

On that note, the community is flooded with good news.  I have read about 4 pregnancies that are progressing beautifully.  H just found out she is having a little boy.  Welcome to the world little Ruckus; we can't wait to meet you!  The other 3 were hard-won after long battles with infertility.  M and K both underwent around 10 IUIs, 1 IVF then FET, and both suffered losses along the way. J's surrogate made it to the second trimester this week.  After multiple pregnancies and losses, she turned to using a surrogate to carry her own embryos.  The first attempt didn't work, but this embie turned out to be the trooper.  J has never seen week 12 before, and I couldn't be happier for her.  These women have inspired me as I keep moving down this journey.  If they can triumph, then so can I.

Speaking of losses, October 15th was national pregnancy and infant loss awareness day.  It was kind of bittersweet for me.  Years ago, I met some amazing women on an online support group.  I am still in contact with some of them.  We reached out to each other as usual.  This year, it seems that social media campaigns are doing what they do.  It was wonderful to see so many women I know speaking out about being "1 in 4."  Actually, I didn't even know that some of them had been through this.  So, I have developed a little comradery with them.  I am very thankful for the kind messages I got that day.  But the interesting thing is:  nothing from my family.  At all.  Not publicly or privately.  It didn't have to be a big thing.  My message for the day encouraged people to give mothers who have experienced a loss a hug, because it's nice to have the occasional reminder that people haven't forgotten.  Not a lot of fuss required at all.  I'm not incredibly upset over it, and didn't even mention it to any of them.  It's just interesting that a group of people who has been so supportive of my being a mother would be silent on this one thing.

Remember how I always say that support comes when you least expect it?  Well, a friend of mine who has outright criticized my decision to the point of saying he thought anyone would be crazy to do what I am doing (and he didn't mean that in a humorous way) just sent me the following message yesterday:  "You my dear will be an amazing mother and I am sure of it."  It made me smile.  

I do have some exciting news to report though: I have both ovulated and come into the presence of AF on my own and within 30 days!  Yes, these things are exciting to SMCs in the making.  I did a little happy dance on Saturday morning.  I feel no shame in admitting it. :) I mentioned it to Dad yesterday while we were discussing canning and baking recipes.  He laughed and said, "I knew you had it in you."  Now, don't get to excited.  Unmedicated IUIs are NOT in my future.  I appreciate good omens though:  five healthy babies on the way and a natural cycle for me has me in good spirits at least.  So good that I believe I will celebrate with a nice glass of Riesling while I still can.

Stay warm everyone and keep the updates coming!  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment